Chia Seeds in a member of whole grain family, which is rich in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals, omega 3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are considered as one of the nutritious seeds. It is an unprocessed whole grain food that can be absorbed by the body as seeds.
Here are a few benefits of Chia Seeds;
- Chia Seed, an energy booster- It contains Protein, Carbohydrate, Omega-3-fatty acid, Vitamins & Minerals. The meaning of Chia means “Strength”, it provides energy and strength to the body, and complete the demand of nutrients towards the growth and development.
- Chia Seeds are rich in Antioxidants – Antioxidants fight the production of free radicle in the body, these free radicles are carcinogenic sometimes. They are essential for skin, eye & hair health.as they provide complete nourishment.
- Maximum carbohydrate in chia seeds is a fiber which does not accelerate the blood sugar level in blood, so people who are suffering from diabetes can include Chia Seeds in the platter.
- Chia Seeds are rich in high-quality protein- and also contains essential amino acids, which are important for growth and protection of the cell.
- Chia Seeds help in weight loss – Chia Seeds are rich in fiber and protein, which gives you a feeling of fullness, and prevent hunger pangs.
- Chia Seeds are rich in Omega-3-Fatty AcidOmega-3-fatty acid can protect the heart, and reduce the risk of hypertension.
- They are good for bones- It contains calcium, phosphorus, Magnesium. People who have lactose intolerance or people who are not fond of dairy products can include chia seeds to avail adequate amount of calcium to protect the bone health.
- Chia Seeds are easy to incorporate into the diet- Chia seeds are very easy to incorporate in the diet. The seed has a bland taste so you can add the seed to anything like on the top of the salad, yogurt, curd, sandwich or bread. Also, If you add it to the water, it will form a gel-like consistency.
If you want to know more about chia seeds, then write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that our nutritionists can get back to you or you can leave a comment below.
Authoritynutrition. (n.d.). Benefits of Chia Seeds.