Any celebration in India usually starts with sweets, because sweets bring happiness to the day celebrated. Here is a recipe for a Coconut Laddoo for this Navratri, Diwali or any festival. Have fun making this Festival Recipe
Recipe 1 – Coconut Paneer Laddoo
- 200 gm paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 5 tablespoon powdered sugar/jaggery
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 pinch saffron
- 4 chopped pistachios
- 4 chopped almond
- Add paneer in a large bowl and crumble using your hands. Knead it until the paneer comes together like dough and start to release some fat. Now, place a pan or kadhai on low flame and add the paneer dough in it.
- Let the paneer roast in it to remove the raw taste. Once done, take it off the flame and let the paneer cool at room temperature. Transfer it in a bowl and set aside.
- Now, add powdered sugar (jaggery is preferred if you are health conscious), green cardamom powder in it and mix well. Take small portions from this mixture and roll them in the shape of a laddoo.
- Then roll the ladoos in coconut flakes and place them on a plate. Once done, garnish those using pistachios, almonds and saffron strands.
- If you want tit colder put that in the fridge and remove it before you consume.
Recipe 2 – Roasted Mixed Vegetables Recipe
- 1 halved red bell peppers
- 1 chopped yellow peppers
- 3 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch chopped thyme
- 1 sliced leek
- 1 cubed, peeled sweet potato
- 1 peeled parsnip
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 medium capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 small cup of chopped coriander
- Heat olive oil in a roasting tray.
- Add all the chopped vegetables in the tray and place in a preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 35 minutes, turning once or twice. You may also cook this on the tava on your stove in the low heat.
- Add thyme to the tray containing all the vegetables and continue to roast for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, add salt and pepper. Mix them well. Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves on top.
- Serve this as a side dish with the main course of your choice, it can either be rice/roti.
I hope you will try them and let us know the experience. If you have few easy recipes feel free to share it at firstname.lastname@example.org we will help you tweak it to a healthy recipe.
LeanSpoon wishes you a very happy Navaratri!