Curd/yogurt is a natural pro-biotic and a refreshing beverage. It is white in color with a creamy consistency with a mild pleasant acidic taste.It is a soft and firm mass, free from gas hole (bubble). Curd cannot be kept for more than 24 hours at normal temperatures(16ºC- 24ºC) . On prolonged storage , it becomes highly acidic, thus making it unpalatable for human consumption.
- Many nutrients needed for optimal bone health such as calcium, protein, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus are available in curd. The calcium present in yogurt is bio-available as the low pH ionizes calcium, facilitating intestinal calcium uptake.
- As it is highly digestible, it is super light on the stomach.
- Curd can be consumed by people with lactose intolerance, gastrointestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel disease.
- It is a rich source of milk proteins, carbohydrate, minerals such as calcium and phosphorous, and vitamins such as riboflavin (B2), thiamin (B1), cobalamin (B12), folate (B9), niacin (B3) and vitamin A.
- Consumption of yogurt increases the chance of achieving nutritional recommendations such as Recommended Dietary Allowances of each nutrient.
- Highly beneficial for skin disorders.
- Vitamin A, B, C, D and K deficiency can also be taken care by consumption of curd.
Conclusion: Incorporating curd/yogurt in your meal helps in better digestion and prevents from many stomach ulcers. It is good sources of vitamins, calcium, phosphorous and minerals. Its helps to boost the immune system.