An egg is a great source of protein in one’s meal. Most of the mothers feed their kids eggs when they are young, because of this very nutritional aspect of an egg. Other than protein, it also has 13 different types of vitamins and minerals which are good for immunity.
Apart from its nutritional benefits, it is also important to recognize a healthy egg to avail all those benefits. The best trick to identify a spoilt egg is by dunking it in a bowl. If the egg sinks to the bottom then it’s fresh and great to have, if the egg settles down by standing on one end then it’s not that fresh but still good to eat. But, if the egg floats on top then it’s spoilt, and one should not consume it.
There are two parts of an egg; egg white and egg yolk.
Egg yolk is yellow in colour and situated in the centre of the egg, which is not only protein-rich but also has cholesterol. It is semi-solid and is surrounded by a white coloured fluid called egg white.
There are many ways to cook an egg and here’s a brief note on how to cook an egg in different ways.
- Poaching: Boil water in a saucepan and add an egg to it while it’s boiling. After a couple of minutes, a perfectly poached egg is ready.
- Boiled: Immerse the egg in a pot of water and boil it for 5 to 10 minutes on simmer. Break the shell slowly.
- Baked: Break an egg on a flat plate and bake it in a hot oven until it settles down.
- Scrambled: Beat an egg and fry it in a pan until the moisture is gone and the egg sets.
- Microwave: In the busy schedule, microwave comes in very handy. We can cook eggs in many ways if you have the aid of a microwave.
- Omelette: The most traditional and common method of cooking an egg is preparing an omelette. Break the egg in a hot pan and wait until it sets.
All the above-mentioned methods can be implemented to cook an egg, which will not highly alter the nutrition of it. However, for those who are looking for high protein, you can also include eggs in your diet in the following ways.
- Break an egg into your glass of milk along with honey or brown sugar – For gym goers who have defined goals can opt for this natural protein-rich drink as their post workout meal.
- Add a raw egg to your fruit juices.
Include egg in your diet and avail its nutritional benefits. If you have any doubts or queries regarding this article, then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that our experts can get back to you.