Facts About Dates
Dates, the fruit of the palm trees, are an oldest cultivated tree which originated in the bank of Nile and Euphrates river of the ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
Dates are loaded with carbohydrates and a healthy source of energy. It comes in dry fruits category, but we can also get it fresh which is high in moisture content. Dried dates are more intense in calories and nutrients than fresh.
8 Health Benefits of Dates
- Rich in Carbs: Carbs is the main fuel of a human body. So, in the early morning if you take 1 date of around 10 grams it will give you the energy to stay fit for further 4-5 hours or to do a heavy workout in the morning.
- Fibre Boosts Digestive System: Fibre offers a healthy digestive system and dates are rich in fibre. Healthy digestive system can prevent irritable bowel syndrome
The power of Potassium: Date is an excellent source of potassium which is an important mineral to balance body electrolytes and maintain a normal blood pressure level along with sodium.
- The intensity of Iron: It is a good source of iron which will maintain a healthy haemoglobin level and avoid iron deficiency anaemia.
- No Fear for Obesity: Date doesn’t have much fat. So regular taking of dates in one number will lower your risk of high cholesterol and it will help you to maintain your ideal body weight.
- Healthy Heart: It is lower in fat, rich in fibre, potassium, and anti-oxidant which will help you to reduce the risk of heart disease by maintaining blood pressure level and smooth blood flow.
- Glowing Skin: Date is considering as gold mines of nutrients. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants which can prevent skin damages, aging, and dryness of skin. Those nutrients can provide a healthy, glowing and fresh skin which will make you look youthful.
- Strengthen Muscles: Include dates every day in your diet to improve your heart’s muscles strength and during pregnancy, dates are necessary to improve the strengthen of uterus muscle.
Bad Effects of Dates
- Loaded with Sugar: It gives lots of free calories because of its sugar content. It also may effect your blood sugar level.
- Irritating Stomach: Date is well known for its fructose and high fibre properties. But too much of taking dates might become a cause of stomach pain and stomach gas because of their above-mentioned properties.
Include dates to your diet in the right portion to get only its benefits and boost yourself. To know more, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org